Friday, June 24, 2011

Funfilled Friday

Yesterday was a REALLY long day on Dora as we left Pais at 8:00am and arrived at our campsite in Switzerland around 7:30pm. However, I must say that I am a newly reformed plane snob! I now appreciate all the beauty and experience that accompanies seeing an entire country as you travel. Flying really takes away all the fun of seeing sights as you go. The trip here was mostly along the French countryside and it was truly beautiful. Once we got into camp we had dinner and a then had a big group party with two other tours. Everyone mingled and loosened up quite a bit so it was a lot of fun. We are staying at a campsite and the accommodations make me feel like I'm 12 again at Camp Lurecrest complete with bunk beds and community bathrooms... although, I must say it only makes the experience that much more fun!






Switzerland is absolutely breathtaking! The Swiss are wonderful people who are all about cleanliness, peace, honesty, and quiet. We spent the day walking all over this beautiful town and exploring Trummelbach Falls. Look at some of these sights, they are amazing!












I spent most of the day with Andrea and Christina who are two sisters from NYC. There are only 6 Americans on this entire trip. The three of us opted not to go to the top of the Swiss Alps today as it was below freezing at the top and snowing and we did not prepare for that weather. Instead we spent a peaceful day sightseeing and relishing all that Lauterbrunnen has to offer. I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed a relaxing day just soaking up the Swiss culture (complete with trying delicious Swiss chocolate)! We probably walked about 10-15 miles all day so thats a great way to work off everything I've been eating :)

We walked into a nearby town to go check out Trummelbach falls which is a local waterfall that we heard is to die for, and it was!!!











Here is a pic of the three of us while inside of the waterfall. It is a natural waterfall that flows from melting glaciers and they said it flows at about 20,000 liters per second. We took a lift mid way up and walked the rest of the way. The water was FREEZING but we had a blast!!!





It was about a 30 minute walk each way to the town of Trummelbach from Lauterbrunnen and we were all just gawking at how beautiful it is. I'm trying to take a bunch of pictures but every time I look at them they just can't do the scenery any justice. On our walk we passed cute little cows and people outside chopping wood and cultivating their gardens... I love it! I swear I have to pinch myself everyday and remind myself of where I am and that I am actually in Europe!






Tomorrow is an all day road trip again back to France as we are headed to Avignon which is supposed to be superb! I'll catch up with you all again soon from France. Instead of sending out an email I've pasted the link below to all my photos from Switzerland so check them out. I miss you and love you!

https://picasaweb.google.com/118224782848888880659/Switzerland?authkey=Gv1sRgCNuOlM6ShOXhJg

-Lindsay

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

2 comments:

  1. i love reading these every day!!! Im so jealous... have a blast and make sure you're keeping up with your "bag" photos in every country!

    JR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff sent me the link to your blog - this is so awesome!!! What an incredible trip! -Sandra

    ReplyDelete