Sunday, July 24, 2011

A pleasant surprise!

Saturday 7/23 -

When we arrived in Dubrovnik I was stunned by how beautiful it was. I literally had no expectations for Croatia but it almost looks identical to Greece. As soon as we got checked in Amanda and I took a much needed nap to get prepared for the evening. We met up with our newly refreshed, and might I add beautiful and handsome, group to catch the local bus into town. This was the first time since we gained our newest members that we got dressed up and went out as a group! It was so much fun! I got to know the newbies so much better and I'm so pleased with our new additions. We have two Canadians now so our small group of North Americans has grown, which is nice.












Sunday 7/24

Today was amazing! 12 of us booked a boat tour that took us around the islands surrounding Dubrovnik and other than a slight case of motion sickness, it was a fantastic way to spend the day. The boat we booked took us to three different islands where we were dropped off for hours at a time to explore the towns or to go to the beaches. We were provided lunch with drinks on the boat and to our surprise it was actually a gourmet meal with proper table settings. The only problem was there were massive waves and I was fairly certain our boat was going to capsize. I'm not exactly sure why they thought it would be a good idea (given the wind and waves) to serve our lunch to us on board rather than at one of the stops, but nevertheless they served it to us while we were sailing and many plates and glasses ended up flying off the table and breaking! Here's some pictures of Dubrovnik and our day!




















Tomorrow morning we are off to Plitvice Lakes which is supposed to be absolutely breathtaking so I can't wait! There won't be any internet access there so I'll most likely be able to update this about the lakes from Budapest. Tomorrow begins the two week countdown until the end of the tour which means I'll be home in 15 days! I'm not wishing my time to go quickly but I am beginning to look forward to coming home any seeing everyone. I love you all so much! :)

-Lindsay


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Dubrovnik, Croatia

No comments:

Post a Comment